Almarhum Sultan Azlan Muhibbudin Shah AlMaghruf lah.

Friday, May 30, 2014

The news on the demise of Paduka Seri Sultan Perak, Almarhum Sultan Azlan Muhibbudin Almaghfur lah Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Yussuf Izzuddin Ghaffarallahu lahu Shah had indulged me into a deep sorrow.

His Royal Highness ascended to the throne in the year I was born, thus to me His Royal Highness was the only Sultan of Perak alive I ever know. In early 90s, His Royal Highness was elected to be His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Dipertuan Agong, the King of Malaysia. His images often shown in the television and we would see a handsome King. 

Later (when I am a bit older), I learned that he was the Lord President (currently known as Chief Justice) Federal Court of Malaysia. As I started reading laws at the law school, I take the pride of being Perak-ian, as our Sultan was once at the pinnacle of legal system hierarchy. He can be considered to be the most learned among his brethren Rulers. No country was ever rules by a former Lord President, other than Perak (exception to Penang, as Tun Syed Sheh, a retired Lord President was appointed as Governor, yet not a ruler in a strict sense). 

His Lordship oft quoted words in Pengarah Tanah dan Galian Wilayah Persekutuan v Sri Lempah Enterprise Sdn Bhd are always be spoken of, "Every legal power must have legal limits, otherwise there is dictatorship." However, I find another part of the judgment to be more significant, which had been cast into my heart. It reads, "The courts are the only defence of the liberty of the subject against departmental aggression." I will always remind myself of these words in discharging my duty as an officer of the Court and the important of the office I am serving.

He is an icon of an intelligence and wise leader. He is close to our heart, his subjects the people of Perak. His son, a prince with Phd, another wise and intelligence royal blood will continue his legacy. I pray may Allah grant forgiveness and bless him. 

And the new Sultan of Perak, Sultan Nazrin Shah had chose the style of "Muizzuddin" which means the one who will bring strength to the religion. I pray may Allah give His Royal Highness the strength he needs to uphold his oath, to rule in accordance with the constitution and the rule of Allah. And thus, I hail the King - Daulat Tuanku! (Long live the King!)



0 comments :

Hakcipta terpelihara - Noor. Powered by Blogger.